This article explains how to edit a service delivered (SD) record before it gets extracted or invoiced.
If you haven't extracted or invoiced a service yet, you can still make changes. For example, you might need to adjust the quantity of the service delivered, or you might need to indicate that the client has accepted the service.
While there are several ways of finding an SD record, we recommend that users only edit records from the Service Delivery Entry screen using the pencil icon. This approach provides a form that will focus the user on fields that can be safely edited prior to extraction or invoicing. Editing SD records directly may cause issues that prevent successful extraction, invoicing or claiming.
Find out more about when an SD record is editable in the checklist for editing SD records from the Service Delivery Entry screen.
- Click on the Service Delivery Entry tab.
- Click in the Date field and select the date of your SD record.
- Scroll down to the View/Add Service Delivered records section.
- Click on the pencil icon at the start of the row to launch the edit form. Clicking on the trash can icon will delete the record.
If there is a parent to child relationship between SD records, you'll need to make the changes from the parent record. The pencil icon will not appear for the child records.
- Clicking on the pencil icon will open the Edit Service Delivered form. The fields that appear on this form will depend on the service that was delivered and may include fields that will affect other SD records that were generated as part of this service. Make your changes here and then click on the Save button.
Changes you make to SD records may affect whether they appear on an extract. Check out the checklist articles in the claim funds section to find out what's required for different types of extracts.