This article explains how to capture the delivery of a service for a service that isn't included on a client's service agreement.
Your organisation may deliver some services outside of service agreements. For example, you might provide a service to a client that is invoiced to the client directly. Service delivered (SD) records for these types of services can be created as ad hoc services.
Before you begin...
For a service to appear as an ad hoc service, it must have a tick in the Service is Ad hoc only checkbox on the service record. This will also prevent the service from appearing on service agreements, so you may need to create a copy of some services. Your system administrator can add new services.
Your client will need at least one service agreement. This agreement:
- can be any type (individual grant, NDIS, HCP, block or other)
- does not need to be current, and
- does not need to include any service categories or line items.
To create an ad hoc SD record:
- Click on the Service Delivery Entry tab. You may need to check under the More drop-down list or click on the App Launcher nine ball grid and search for service delivery.
- In the Services Delivered section, click on the Add Adhoc Service button.
- This will launch the Add Adhoc Service form. If you want to track the worker who delivered the service, click in the Worker field and search for their name.
- Client Name is the first mandatory field. If you start typing your client's name, it should appear in the list below the field. If you can't find your client, make sure they have at least one service agreement.
Mandatory fields are marked with a * red asterisk. As you make selections, additional mandatory fields may appear. You'll need to fill them in to activate the Save button.
- Click in the Service drop-down list and select the service.
- Your service's rate may allow for the use of a negotiated rate. You can use this option if you need to charge a rate that's different than what's been set for the service. To use these fields, put a tick in the Use negotiated rate checkbox.
- For most services, you'll need to add a quantity or amount to the Quantity/Amount field. The units used here will depend on the service you've selected. For example, the unit of measure on the rate for the service we've used in our example is hourly. This means the quantity we enter will be treated as hours.
- Your service may allow for apportionment for group services. If this option is available, you'll be able to set the percentage of the service to apportion to this client. Put a tick in the Apportion Primary Service checkbox to access the Client Portion percentage field.
- Fill in any other relevant fields, like Comments and Case Notes.
- Some extracts require that you show that the client accepted the service. For example, NDIS extracts. Put a tick in the Client Accepted checkbox if this is a requirement and the client has accepted.
- Once you've filled out all of the mandatory and relevant fields, click on the Save button.
This will create an SD record that you can extract or send to a cart.