This article explains how to cancel a client's appointment so that the cancellation can be claimed under the NDIS.
Lumary Sessions is set up to generate service delivered (SD) records for claiming cancellations that meet the NDIA's short notice cancellation requirements.
To cancel an appointment so that NDIS funding can be claimed:
- Navigate to the session, either by -
- navigating to the client's record and clicking on the Calendar tab, or
- clicking on the Sessions Calendar tab. If the Sessions Calendar is not visible on your nav bar, you may need to click on the More drop-down list or click on the App Launcher nine ball grid and search for the Sessions Calendar.
- Click on the relevant session.
- This will open a panel summarising the appointment. Click on the name of the appointment to open the session record.
- Click on the Clients tab.
- To check whether your client has a service linked to this session, click on the row containing your client. Make sure that you do not click on the client's name, as this will take you back to the client's record. Details of the service should appear.
- To cancel the service, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row containing your client's name.
- Select Cancel.
- This will open the Cancel Client Appointment window.
- Select an option from the Cancellation Reason drop-down list. Make sure this is one of the four reasons that are eligible under the NDIS:
|No show due to health reasons
|No show due to family issues
|No show due to the unavailability of transport
|No show due to other reason
- Set the date and time that the participant cancelled the appointment using the Cancellation Date/Time calendar and drop-down list.
- Click on the Confirm Cancellation button.
If the cancellation meets the NDIA's short notice cancellation requirements, this will generate an SD record for claiming.
If the service has been set up with a group delivery ratio, you may need to adjust the apportioning of the session when it's set to complete.
You can also use the system to review a client's number of cancellations. This can help you to identify clients that frequently cancel appointments and work with them to make sure their scheduled services suit their needs.