This article explains how to cancel one or more appointments from a client contact record calendar or the Sessions Calendar.
If your organisation or the client need to cancel an appointment, you can use the buttons at the top of the session record.
If the client has cancelled but you will be claiming the session from the NDIA, the approach is different. Find out how to cancel an appointment for NDIS claiming.
If you cancel an appointment, the system will retain a record. If you need to remove the appointment without retaining a record, check out this article explaining how to delete an appointment from the Sessions Calendar.
To cancel an appointment without claiming:
- Navigate to the session record where you booked the appointment.
For an individual appointment, go to the Contacts tab and locate the client. Click on their Calendar tab and then click on the session.
For a group appointment, go to the Sessions Calendar and click on the relevant session.
- Click on the Cancel Session button at the top of the record. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find it.
- This will open the Cancel Session dialog. This includes an explanation of what will change.
- Click on the Cancellation Reason drop-down list.
- The list of reasons available may depend on your organisation's policies. You should be able to show whether the cancellation was due to the client or the workers.
- If you select Other, a free text entry field will appear and you can add a reason.
- Once you've added your cancellation reason, click on the Confirm Cancellation button. Take care before confirming, as you'll no longer be able to roster or edit this session.
- The status of your session will now be changed to Cancelled. This will not affect other sessions in this series.