This article explains how to add information about a a client's criminal record or criminal justice proceeding to their client contact record.
If a client's criminal record could affect the services you provide, or if your organisation provides legal services to support clients during criminal justice proceedings, information about these circumstances can be recorded on their client contact record.
Your account will need the appropriate permission level to add or edit legal records. You may need to request access from your system administrator.
To add information about a criminal justice record or proceeding:
- Navigate to the client's contact record under the Contacts tab.
- Click on the Legal tab. You might need to use the More drop-down list at the end of the row of tabs to find this option.
- Scroll down to the Legal Information section.
- Click on the New button.
- Select the Criminal Justice record type.
- Click on the Next button.
- This will open the Criminal Justice form. The Client and Date fields will auto-fill with the client's name and the current date.
- If workers need to be aware of the situation, you can put a tick in the Display as Alert checkbox and add a brief summary in the Alert Summary text field. The summary will be displayed at the top of the client's contact record.
- In the Details section, you can add details about the charges and hearing. This includes information about the court date and location, and plea and outcome.
- If your organisation is providing services to support the client, you can add information about them in the Services section.
- Once you've added all of the relevant information to the form, click on the Save button.
- The record will be listed under the Legal Information section. To edit this record, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit.
- If you added an alert, this will be listed at the top of the client's record.