This article explains how to add the details of an advance care or palliative care plan to an aged care client's information record.
If an aged care client has an existing advance care planning document or palliative care plan, you can add information about the document or plan to the client's record. If you're using the ELDAC dashboard, you'll then be able to view a summary or run a report of which clients have advance care or palliative care plans.
To add the plan details to a client's information:
- Navigate to the client's record.
- Click on the Health tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find the Health tab.
- Scroll down to the Health Conditions section.
- Click on New.
- On the New Health Condition screen, click the Advance Care or Aged Care Health radio button.
- Click Next.
- The Client, Status and Date fields will be auto-populated.
- If required, click in the Completed by field and search to add a name to the field. Add any other necessary details.
- In the Details section, click on an available plan type and add it to the Chosen field. If required, tick the box to display the plan information as an alert.
- Add any additional information and then click the Save button.
- To access and update the plan at a later time click on the plan name text link.