This article explains how to add a new goal and outcome to a client's existing HCP home care plan.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
If a new goal is identified for a client with an existing HCP home care plan, you can add it to the client's goal achievement plan. This will mean any planned services you add to the goal will also be linked to the client's service agreement.
To add a new goal:
- Navigate to your client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab.
- Your client's care plans will be listed in the Goal Achievement Plans section with a rate type of HCP. If you can't see the plan you're looking for, you may need to click on the View All text link.
- To open a plan, click on the text link of the relevant plan name.
- Scroll down to the Goals section and click on the New button.
- This will open a New Goal form. The Plan field will automatically be filled in with the client's plan. Several fields in the Information section are mandatory and must be populated before you'll be able to save the form.
Mandatory fields are marked with a red * asterisk and must be populated before you'll be able to save the goal.
- If you're not currently planning to add a service to a goal or if the goal will be addressed by another service provider, you can indicate this using the Intention field. Leaving this set to None will mean you'll need to add a planned service to indicate that the goal is being addressed. Setting this to Future will indicate that the goal will be addressed at a later time, for example, when other goals have been achieved. You can select Referred Out to indicate that the service will be provided by another business or provider.
- The Goal Achievement Information section of the form includes a checkbox that you can tick once the client has achieved their goal. You'll usually skip this section when you're setting up a new goal.
- Once you've added information about the client's goals, you can list the steps that the client will need to take to achieve them. For each step, you can include a due date and an indication of who is required to complete each step.
- When you've added all of the steps required to achieve the goal and outcome, click on the Submit button.
- Your client's goals will now appear in the Goals section. You can click on the headings to reveal more information about each goal.
Once you've added new goals, you can add the planned services that will help the client meet these goals.