This article explains how to record client leave that could have an impact on a client's home care package (HCP) funding.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Social, hospital, transition care and respite leave taken by an HCP client can affect their funding. Lumary enables you to track these types of leave. If your system has enabled automated processes, the changes to funding will be applied to future journal entries.
To record a client's leave:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find the Plans tab.
- Scroll down to the Client Leave section.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open a New Client Leave form. The Contact field will be auto-filled with the client's name.
- Click on the Leave Type drop-down list.
- Select the type of leave that the client is or will be taking.
- Use the calendar in the Start Date field to select the first date of the leave.
While historical leave balances will be automatically adjusted the next time the automated processes run, client leave will only be applied to future journal entries. If the start date of the leave is in the past, you'll need to manually update the client's journal.
- If you know when the leave will end, or if you are recording the leave after it has finished, select the end date using the calendar in the End Date field.
- Click on the Save button.
- If you haven't selected an end date, leave will accumulate until you come back to the client leave (CL) record and set an end date.
When the leave affects fees, subsidies or supplements, automated processes will apply the changes to the client's funding to future journal entries. As these processes are usually run overnight, the change will only be applied to entries starting from the next day.
The leave calculations applied in the system are determined by the Department of Health's temporary leave rules.
The following example shows how respite leave entered into the system on 10 June paused the processing of the basic daily care fee as it will not be paid while the client is on this type of leave.
Once you've recorded leave for a client, you can check their leave balance on their Home Care Package screen.