This article explains how to capture the details of a purchase order on an aged care client's record.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
HCP providers can now capture purchase order details on a client's record. The purchase order form can be used to capture a range of details, including:
- the item(s) purchased
- order date
- status, and
This article explains how to:
Create a purchase order
To create a new purchase order:
- In the client contact record, click on the Associations tab.
- Scroll down to the Purchase Orders section and click on the New button.
- On the New Purchase Order screen, select Purchase Order as the record type and then click the Next button.
If you're not yet ready to create a purchase order but wish to start recording details of a possible purchase, you can create a purchase request. This can be later converted to a purchase order.
- The client's name will be automatically added to the Requested for field. Click on the calendar icon in the Order Date field to select a date.
- Click in the Ordered by field to search and select a name from the drop-down list.
- Add a description and select an appropriate status.
- The rest of the fields in this form can be filled later, so for now click Save.
- If you scroll down to the bottom of the Associations screen you will see that the new purchase order has been added.
- Click on the purchase order text link to open. You'll see that there is a process pathway that you can use to record the process of creating, approving, ordering and invoicing for your purchase order. When you complete a step, use the Mark Status as Complete button to record completion.
Add an item to a purchase order
To add an item to a purchase order:
- Click on the purchase order text link.
- Click on the Related tab.
- Next to Purchase Order Items, click on the New button.
- Add information to the item code and description, as required.
- Add the quantity and click on the dropdown arrow in the Item Unit of Measure field to select a unit of measure.
- Add the item price and GST.
- If required, add a related service delivered.
- Click the Save button.
- You will see the Purchase Order Item number listed on the Related page.
Update a purchase order
To update a purchase order:
- From the client's contact record, click on the Associations tab and scroll to the bottom.
- Under Purchase Orders, click on the down arrow at the end of a PO row and select Edit.
- Add approval details if required.
- Add supplier details if required.
- Add delivery details if required.
- When the purchasing process is complete, update the status field to Service Delivered.
- Click the Save button.
- You'll see the updated status listed under Purchase Orders on the Associations page.