This article explains how to set up a client's service agreement to claim the new NDIS group supports. How group-based services are set up in a service agreement will impact how these services are apportioned between clients in the same group session.
Lumary 16.5 at least is required to access this functionality.
To set up a service agreement with the new group supports:
- Create a new service agreement.
- Click on the Line Items tab.
- Click on the New Category button.
- Select a Support Category.
- Put a tick in the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox if you want your delivered services to be restricted only to the line items that you include in your service agreement. Leave this checkbox unticked if you want to be able to freely choose service from within this category.
- Click on the Save button. If you're leaving your categories unrestricted, skip to step 11.
Restricting to service line items
If you've ticked the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox then you must add all required line items to that category in order to deliver those services. Multiple instances of the same service line item can be added with different delivery ratios. For example, you can add the Group Activities-Standard-Weekday Daytime service, select a Delivery Ratio of 1:2 and save this service, then add a second identical service with a Delivery Ratio of 1:3.
This ratio is attached to the service and cannot be changed when delivering the service, so all potential delivery ratios that may apply to your client must be added to each item in their service agreement. If you don't want to do this, then we suggest that you don't restrict the category to service line items so that you have the flexibility to choose the delivery ratio at the time the service is delivered.
If you don't put a tick in the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox then we advise that you don't add particular line items to that category. This way, all potential services will be available to choose from and you'll be able to apportion any unselected services at the time of delivering them.
- If you want to add specific line items to the service agreement, click on the down arrow button on the category and select New Item.
- Add service line items to your service agreement.
- If the service you selected allows apportioning between clients, a Delivery Ratio field will appear below the Rate field. Select the Delivery Ratio from the drop-down list.
Note: The original group support line items can't be apportioned, because the delivery ratios are already factored into the rate of those services. If this is the case, the Delivery Ratio field won't appear.
- Click on the Save button to add the service line item, or click on the Save & New button if you want to add more services with different delivery ratios. Clicking Save & New will pre-fill the New Service Agreement Item form with the same information as the previous service item, allowing you to quickly add different Delivery Ratios to the same service.
- Finish adding details to your service agreement, then Generate a quote and request that your client signs the service agreement.
Your service agreement should now be set up to allow you to claim the new group supports. You can deliver these services through the Service Delivery Entry screen or through the Sessions Calendar. Click here to find out how to create an appointment for a group of clients in the Sessions Calendar or change a scheduled service to the new NDIS group supports.