This article explains how to set up a schedule on a service agreement to automatically generate service delivered (SD) records for a supported independent living (SIL) weekly service.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 20.
The NDIA has added weekly claiming for providers of supported independent living services (SIL). Providers can claim a weekly amount as an alternative to claiming using the hourly support items. We recommend that providers use Lumary's Auto-generate Service Delivered Records settings to set up their client's service agreements to claim SIL as a weekly service.
Before you begin...
To use the auto-generate feature, the automated process for creating SD records must be scheduled to run in your environment. You'll also need to:
- create a service agreement with NDIS funding
- set the agreement's start date to commence at least 7 days before the first date you'll generate an SD record, and
- include the Assistance with daily life support category on the agreement.
Once you've set up your service agreement:
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the Assistance with daily life support category's row and select New Item.
- There are several mandatory fields at the top of the New Service Agreement Item form. Some will auto-populate based on other selections or information in your agreement or environment. We've provided a summary of the fields and some recommended settings. For a weekly SIL service, you'll need to make sure you select the Supported independent living - Weekly service.
|Field||Purpose and/or recommended setting|
|Site||The site linked to the delivery of the service.|
|Service||Select the Supported independent living - Weekly service.|
|Program||Optional. May appear if your business uses programs to manage clients and/or services.|
|Service Type||Optional. May appear if your business uses service types to manage services.|
|Delivery Ratio||Used to apportion services delivered to groups where the cost of the service is shared across the group. We recommend leaving this as 1:1 for SIL weekly services.|
|Rate||Select a rate from the drop-down list. The default rate for this service is 0.00. You'll need to use the negotiated rates settings to set the weekly cost of the service.|
|Prevent NDIS Rates Substitution||Controls whether SD records created from this service agreement item (SAI) automatically use new NDIS rates after an NDIS pricing update.|
- Once you've set up your service and rate, you'll need to put a tick in the Use Negotiated Rate checkbox. This will activate the negotiated rate fields so that you can override the $0.00 setting.
- Fill in the Negotiated Rate Excluding GST with the weekly amount indicated in your client's plan.
- Fill in the Negotiated Rate GST Amount. If you're not charging GST, set this amount to $0.00.
- The Reason for Negotiated Rate field is optional. If your business records this, select a reason for using the negotiated rate. If you select Other, you'll also need to fill in the Other Reason text field.
- The Funding Management field can be used to set the funding source at the service item level. This allows you to override the funding source of the service agreement. For example, you can use this field to change the funding source to the participant at the service item level. If you can't see the Funding Management field, it may need to be enabled by your system administrator.
- In the Financials section, enter a value in the Quantity or Total field according to the client's plan or budget. If you enter a quantity, the total will be automatically calculated based on the rate selected above, or if you enter a total the quantity will be automatically calculated.
- The Item Overclaim drop-down list allows you to indicate how the system should handle claims that will exceed the total funding allocated to this item.
- If the service is related to an NDIA service booking, you can link to a record of the booking number and its dates in the Service Booking field. You can record a new service booking number by selecting the + New Service Booking option.
- Put a tick in the Auto-generate Service Delivered Records checkbox to capture details for the automatic creation of SD records. The following table describes the recommended settings.
|Repeat On||Select the day that SD records will be generated for this service.|
|End On||Select whether to end the generation of SD records on a specific date or after a set number of occurrences.|
|End Date||Appears if End On is set to Date. This field auto-populates with the End Date of the service agreement item and cannot be changed. To change this date, change the End Date of the service agreement item.|
|Number of Occurrences
||Appears if End On is set to Set Number of Occurrences. This field can be used to specify how many times to generate an SD record.|
|Quantity per Occurrence||1|
- Click on the Save button.
Once your client approves the agreement and you set it to current, the automated process will create SD records based on your scheduled settings.
If you need to claim for part of a week, you'll need to use the weekly service. Find out more in our article on claiming a partial week using the SIL weekly service.