This article explains how to add a planned service for an agency or brokerage to a Home Care Package (HCP) client's goal achievement plan.
If you need to add a planned service to a client's goal achievement plan and the service is delivered by a third party agency as part of a brokerage agreement, you can create a rate for the agency and link it to the service. This makes it easier for you to correctly identify the brokered rate and inform the customer of the brokered service.
The agency needs to have an account associated with it. You can either add the account first or as part of the process of adding a rate to a service.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
The steps involved in this process are:
- adding a new service
- adding the rate
- adding a site, and
- adding the new service to the client's goal achievement plan.
Add a new service
To add a new service:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click in the Search apps and items... field.
- Type services.
- Click on the Services text link.
- This will open a list of services. Click on the New button.
- Click on the HCP radio button and then click Next.
- Fill in the Service Name field.
- In the Support Category field, choose Home Care Package.
- Click in the Service Support Type field and select an option from the drop-down list.
- If you want to allow service delivery records to be automatically created, tick the Allow Service Delivery Item Scheduling checkbox.
- Click on the Save button.
Add a rate to a service
To add a rate to a service:
- Search for the relevant service and click on its text link in the Service Name column. You can filter your list using either the Recently Viewed drop-down or the Search this list... field.
- Click on the Related tab.
- Click on the New button in the Rates section.
- Add a rate name. The Service field will be pre-populated.
- Add the start and end dates.
- Add HCP as the rate type.
- Click in the Agency field and select an agency account from the drop-down list. If your agency isn't listed you can create the account by clicking on + New Account.
- Click in the Unit of Measure field to select a measure from the drop-down list.
- Add a GST code and add the fee for the service to the Amount Ex GST field.
- Allow rate negotiation as required.
- Complete the details for provider travel as required.
- Add any other required information and click the Save button.
Link a site
To link the service to a site:
- Click on the Related tab for the service.
- Click on the New button next to the Site Services/Programs section.
- Click on the Service Assignment radio button.
- Click on the Next button.
- Make sure that the Service field has the name of the service you created.
- Fill in the Site and Operating Start Date fields, as well as any other fields required by your organisation.
- Click on the Save button.
Add the service to a client's goal achievement plan
To add the service to a client's goal achievement plan:
- Navigate to your client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab.
- Your client's care plans will be listed in the Goal Achievement Plans section with a rate type of HCP.
- To open a plan, click on the text link of the relevant plan name.
- Scroll down to the goal that will be supported by the planned service.
- Click on the Planned Services heading to reveal the list of services allocated for this goal.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open a New Planned Service form. Most of the fields on this form will only become active when you make selections in other fields and some may auto-populate.
- In the Category field, select Home Care Package from the drop-down list.
- In the Service field, select the service that you created previously.
- In the Agency field, select the name of the agency associated with that service.
- If required, select a Rate and Site. If there is only one option, these will be filled in automatically.
- Complete the Proposed Schedule Calculator fields. For more information on these fields, see the article on adding a new planned service.
- And any other information as required by your organisation and then click on the Submit button.
- Your service will now appear in the Planned Services section of the Goals screen.