This article explains how to record and review a referral for an aged care client.
If you make a referral to other services for an aged care client, you can record the details as part of their client contact record. This applies to both internal and external referrals.
You can keep track of the progress of a referral, record any updated details and mark the referral as complete.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
To record a referral:
- On the client's contact record, click on the Associations tab.
- In the Client Referrals section, click on the New button.
- On the New Client Referral screen, select External or Internal as required. Then click the Next button.
- Click in the Priority field and select Urgent or Non-Urgent from the drop-down menu.
- In the Referral Details section, click in the Referral Purpose field and select Assessment or Service Request from the drop-down menu.
- Add any relevant details to the Reason for Referral field.
- In the Referee Information section, click in the Referred To field and select a category from the list of referees. If you select Allied Health, you can also click in the Related Discipline field to select a discipline from the drop-down list.
If the referral is external, you will see two additional fields that will allow you to add a new or existing health professional and the clinic or practice that they are associated with.
- In the Related Assessments and Risks section, you can an existing or new assessment or risk.
- Click the Save button.
- You'll be returned to the Associations screen, where you will see the referral listed under Client Referrals. Click on a referral name link to open it.
- You will see a process pathway at the top of the page, which you can use as a visual reminder of the progress of an incident. To mark a stage as complete, click on the Mark Status as Complete button.
- To record an action or recommendation, click on the Actions/Recommendations tab. Then click the New button.
- Complete the details on the New Action and Recommendation screen and then click the Save button.
- To upload an attachment, click on the Attachments tab. Add files by dragging-and-dropping them onto the screen or click on Upload Files and navigate to the file on your device. When the file has finished uploading, click the Done button.
- To record completion of a referral, on the Details tab click on the pencil icon next to Referral Status. Select Complete from the drop-down list, then click the Save button. The referral status and process pathway will update accordingly.