This article explains how to deliver and apportion group services using the service delivery entry (SDE) screen.
You'll only be able to apportion services in the SDE screen when they're being delivered to an unrestricted category in a client's service agreement. Categories that are restricted to particular line items will already have delivery ratios assigned to them in the client's service agreement, so won't need to be apportioned when they're delivered.
To deliver and apportion a group service through the SDE screen:
- Fill in your new service delivery entry details as per usual.
- Select the service to be delivered from the Service lookup field.
- From the Service Agreement Item drop-down, select the item that corresponds to Category. This will only appear if the category that the service you selected is in is unrestricted.
- Tick the Apportion Primary Service checkbox under the Quantity/Amount field.
- In the Client Portion field, type the percentage of the rate for that service that you're going to charge to the client. In this example, 25% would be the same as delivering the service at a 1:4 ratio, meaning that the client will only be charged 25% of the full rate of the service.
- Finish filling out the rest of the service delivery entry and click on the Save button.
- After saving, your SD record will be created for the service. The Total Cost will reflect the cost of the service for that particular client. In this example, the Total Cost is 25% of the rate for the service that was delivered.