This article explains how to use Rollover to apply the same categories and line items to a new service agreement.
If you're looking for instructions on how to roll over a service agreement to include the new group support line items, read through all of the instructions on updating service agreements and scheduled services here.
When a client's existing service agreement is due to expire, you may want to continue to use some of the same services for their next funding period. Rather than setting up a new agreement and adding all of the categories and line items again, you may choose to roll over the existing agreement. This will also mean that the client's services will continue to be delivered against the same service agreement number.
This process can also be used when a client has leftover funding that they want to extend into a new period.
To roll over a service agreement:
- Navigate to the client's current service agreement. Make sure you roll the agreement over before it expires, otherwise the Rollover option won't be available.
- Take note of the Total Allocated amount.
- Click on the Rollover button.
- Fill out the New Service Agreement form with the details of the new period.
- Make sure you check your Start Date and End Date carefully, as service deliveries will draw from the service agreement based on these dates. For ease of use, we recommend that you avoid overlapping the dates with the existing agreement. You must add an End Date, as this is a mandatory field.
If you are using a Service Agreement Overclaim setting of Prevent or Warn, you'll need to set your Total Allocation Limit to be equal to or greater than the Total Allocated value from step 2. If you use the Allow setting, you can leave the field blank or add whatever value you choose.
- Click on the Save button. This will create a new version of the service agreement with a Draft status.
- Click on the Line Items tab to review the categories and service agreement line items. The allocations will be copied over from your original agreement with the Delivered balances reset to zero. If you're using leftover funds or you need to modify the allocations, make sure you adjust the balances of the relevant items to avoid overclaiming.
Amounts that were overclaimed on the previous agreement will show negative values under Allocated to Services, Quantity and Total. You may need to adjust the allocation for those services.
- Once you've included all of the required categories and line items on your new agreement, you can finalise the agreement by generating a quote and capturing the client's approval.
Reconciling funding balances
If the rollover date you selected is in the future and you continue to deliver services to the original service agreement before the rollover date, you may need to manually reconcile category funding balances when the new service agreement starts. Services delivered after the rollover and before the start date of the new agreement will only draw down on the balance of the original agreement. Category funding balances in the new agreement will remain as they were on the date they were rolled over. Once the new agreement commences, you'll need to manually adjust the service agreement's remaining balance and the category balances to account for any services delivered from the time the new agreement was created.
The client will now have two service agreements listed under the Contracts tab on their client record. When services are delivered, the system will use the start and end dates on the agreements to determine which version to draw from. This means that if you have any service deliveries that haven't been added to the system for the Rollover agreement, you'll still be able to deliver them against that version.
If you removed any service line items from your client's service agreement when rolling over, then you'll need to update any scheduled sessions or Skedulo jobs that include these services. Scheduled services that don't match the information in a client's service agreement won't create service delivered records that can be extracted and claimed for. See how to update scheduled sessions to remove old service line items here.