This article explains how to activate shift acceptance so that mobile users can accept or decline shifts. It also explains settings associated with this feature.
For workers using the mobile application to be able to accept shifts, a value needs to be added to the Shift Acceptance field. To do this:
- Go to the App Launcher.
- Under All Items, click on the Lumary Settings text link.
- Click on the Mobile App tab.
- Click in the Shift Acceptance field and type a numerical value. This sets the number of days prior to a shift that a worker can accept or decline the shift.
Leaving the Shift Acceptance field blank will prevent workers from having the option to accept or decline a shift. A value of 0 will allow the worker to accept the shift at any time prior to the shift's start time.
- Click on the Shift Acceptance Period Reached drop-down list to indicate how the system should behave once the shift falls within the period indicated in the Shift Acceptance Field.
- Select whether shifts that workers haven't responded to are accepted, declined or not affected at all.
If Shift Acceptance is set to 0, the Shift Acceptance Period Reached behaviour will be applied at the start time of the shift.
|Setting||Behaviour upon reaching shift acceptance period|
|Accept||The system will automatically set the shift status to Accepted.|
|None||The system will not modify the shift's status.|
|Decline||The system will automatically set the shift status to Declined.|
- Click on the Save button to activate your settings.