This article explains how to add a new rate to a service.
Rates can be created and viewed from the Related tab on a service record.
To create a new rate:
- Click on the Services tab. You may need to click on the More tab or App launcher to find this option.
- Search for the relevant service and click on its text link in the Service Name column. You can filter your list using either the Recently Viewed drop-down or the Search this list... field.
- Click on the Related tab.
- Click on the New button in the Rates section.
- Fill out the relevant fields in the New Rate form.
|Rate Name||Specify a name for the new rate. We recommend that you consider the development of a clear naming convention to allow for easy reporting.|
This field will pre-populate with the Service that you have accessed to create the rate.
|Start and End Dates||
These dates are used by Service Agreement functionality to display or hide rates based on whether they align to the agreement's start and end dates.
Define the funding type, for example, NDIS or CHSP.
|Unit of Measure||
Defines the equivalent of each unit of measurement; week, days, hours or each.
|GST Code||Use the lookup search to apply the relevant GST code.|
|Amount Ex GST||Enter the amount for this rate excluding GST.|
|GST||Enter the GST amount to be applied to this rate.|
|Reference||Add a note that will help to identify the source of the rate. For example, 2019 NDIS price guide update.|
|Force Update of Record||
Where this rate has been used on existing service agreements, checking this box will update those rates. This functionality should be used with caution. It is only available to users who have had edit access for this field assigned in a custom permission set. Only system administrators should have access to use this function.
|Allow Rate Negotiation||Define whether and where the rate can be overridden with a negotiated amount, for example, in a service agreement.|
|Provider Travel Claiming||Defines which travel claiming rules are applied for provider travel.|
|Accounting Package Id||This is an identifier that can be used to link services to items defined in other accounting packages, such as Xero.|
- Once you've filled out the relevant fields, click on the Save button or Save & New if you have more rates to add.