This article explains how to create a new rate type for client contributions for CHSP-funded clients.
The functionality described in this article requires Lumary 20.
For clients with CHSP funding, you can create a separate rate for client contributions. This makes it easier for you to capture information about contributions so that you can track them and bill the client accordingly.
To be able to use a client contribution rate, you need to set it up and specify the services that it will be used on. This process involves:
Before you begin...
Before you can add the Client Contribution rate type to a service, you need to make sure that:
Create a new rate type
To create a new rate type:
- Click on the Reference Data tab. You may need to click on the More tab or App launcher to find this option.
- Click on the New button.
- Select the Rate Type record type.
- Click Next.
- This will open the Rate Type information form where you can enter the details of your new rate.
- Give your rate type the name Client Contribution.
- In the Funding Type field, select Other from the drop-down list.
- Add information to other fields as required. To find out more about the fields, see the article on adding a new rate type.
- If you need to capture client contribution data in your financial system, select Financial Extract in the Include in Extracts section. Click on the arrow to move it from the Available column to the Chosen column.
- Click on the Save button.
Add the rate to a service
If you need to create a service first, see this article on creating a new service. Otherwise, to add the Client Contribution rate to a service:
- Click on the Services tab. You may need to click on the More tab or App launcher to find this option.
- Search for the service that you want to add the client contribution rate to. You can filter your list using either the Recently Viewed drop-down or the Search this list... field.
- Click on the service text link in the Service Name column.
- Click on the Related tab.
- Click on the New button in the Rates section.
- Add a rate name. The Service field will be pre-populated.
- Select a start and end date using the calendars in the Start Date and End Date fields.
- Click in the Rate Type field and select the Client Contribution rate type from the drop-down list (this is the rate type that you created in section one).
- Click in the Unit of Measure field and select Hours (for an hourly rate) or Each (for a fixed rate) from the drop-down list.
- Click in the GST Code field and select a value from the drop-down list.
- Add amounts to the Amount Ex GST and GST fields.
- Fill out any other relevant fields. For more information about the fields, see the article on adding a rate to a service.
- Click on the Save button or Save & New if you have more rates to add.
- When a service with the client contribution rate enabled has been delivered, two service delivered records will be generated with the client contribution created as a child service delivered record.