This article explains how to create service delivered (SD) records for services for a group of clients that have DEX-reported funding.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 19. It also requires that your environment is set up for DEX reporting.
The Sessions Calendar can be used to create group events for the purpose of DEX reporting. The following DEX fields can be populated from a session:
- Assistance Items
- Client Contribution
- Time Minutes, and
- DEX Service Setting.
- Click on the Sessions Calendar tab. You may need to search for this under the More tab.
- Click on a blank space in the calendar. This will open a side panel where you enter the details of the session.
- On the Details screen, the start date, end date and time details should be auto-populated but you can adjust if required.
- Click in the Session Subject field and enter the session name.
- Click on the Session Location drop-down list and select a location. Depending on the option you choose, there will be additional detail fields to complete.
- Click on the Next button.
- On the Attendees screen, start typing the name of a client in the Client field. As you type, a picklist should appear that will allow you to select and add the relevant client. Repeat this step until you have added all of the clients who will attend the event.
To be included in a DEX extract, clients must have a Personal Identifier record of the type DEX Client ID. Learn how to add a DEX client ID.
- Add the number of required workers. The worker information will be auto-populated if you selected a worker row in the calendar. Otherwise, click in the Worker field and search to change workers or add an additional worker.
- Use the Actual Start Criteria and Actual End Criteria fields to indicate how the start and end of the session will be calculated, based on the workers' movements. Find out more in this article on adding clients and workers.
- Click on the Next button.
- On the Services screen, click on the + icon next to Add Planned Service.
- Click on the Support Category drop-down list and select a category. Depending on the service or services associated with that category, you may find that the fields underneath are auto-populated. If not, make your selections from the lists in each field. For more information about the fields, see this article on adding a service when creating a group appointment.
- If the Delivery Method field doesn't auto-populate, click on the drop-down list and select a method.
- Assistance Items, Client Contribution and Time Minutes are all DEX-reportable fields. Complete these fields according to your organisation's requirements.
- In the Select Clients area, click on a client's name and then on the right arrow to move the client into the Selected column. Repeat until all clients have been added.
- If the worker can claim for travel, put a tick in the Travel Chargeable checkbox and complete the Travel Area field that will appear.
- Click on Save Service.
- If required, add another service. Otherwise, click on the Next button.
- On the Finalise screen, add service types and recurrence details as required. For more information about these fields, see the article on adding service types, setting up recurrences and saving the session.
- Click on the DEX Service Setting drop-down list and select a value.
- If you are ready to roster straight away, click on the Save and Roster button. If you don't wish to roster at this point, select Save instead. You will need to remember to roster later on.
- The group event will now appear in the Sessions Calendar. If you added a worker you will see the session scheduled against their name. If you added multiple workers, each one will have the session appearing next to their name.
Once the session has been completed, the SD records will be automatically generated for each client and will contain the relevant DEX fields for the extract and XML.