This article explains how to use the mobile app to track the time spent travelling to and from appointments.
You can use the mobile app to record the time you spend travelling to and from appointments. Where permitted, this will also document travel for service delivery entries.
To track travel to an appointment:
- Tap on the relevant appointment panel on your home screen.
- Tap on the Start Travel button.
- This will open a dialog that prompts you to select whether you're travelling with a client or travelling alone. Unless you're claiming for transport, tap on I am travelling alone.
- You'll then be asked whether you need directions. Tapping on the Directions from Google Maps option will open the Google Maps app and automatically map your current location to the appointment's address. Make sure you remember to come back to the Lumary app at the end of your journey.
- Once you've arrived at your appointment, make sure you remember to tap on End Travel in the Lumary app.
- A dialog will appear that describes your journey's distance and time. Review these details and then confirm whether they are accurate. If you need to adjust them, tap on the No, let me fix that text link.
- This will open the Travel Details form. Tap on each of the fields you need to adjust and make your changes.
- Once you're happy with your travel details, tap on the Save button. This will create your travel records.
- You're now ready to start your appointment. The Start Travel button will continue to be available if you need to track any other travel or transport related to this appointment. This includes travel after you end the appointment.