This article explains how to convert an enquiry into an intake. This will allow you to add more details about a potential client before they become a full client.
Enquiry records capture a large amount of information about a potential client. However, your business may perform further evaluations before making them a full client. The intake record allows you to add and track information about:
- health conditions
- assessments, and
- service requests.
Converting an enquiry into an intake adds information from the enquiry to a new intake record. Once an enquiry is converted, it'll no longer affect the intake record. You should make any changes about the client to their intake or client record.
Some providers skip the intake stage and go straight to a full client record. If you're unable to locate intake options in Lumary, check whether your business's processes require you to use intake.
To create an intake record from an enquiry:
- Click on the Search... field on your navbar and search for the client's name. If they've already been converted, you might find them as an intake or client record. Otherwise, look for them under Enquiries in the results, and click on the Enquiry ID text link.
You can also find enquiries under the Enquiries tab, as described in our finding and editing an enquiry article.
- Once you've opened the enquiry record, click on the Edit button. This will open an Edit Enquiry form.
- Check the Client field to see if there's already an intake or client record for this enquiry. If this field is populated with the client's name, you can click on the text link to go to the client or intake record.
- If the Client field is blank, scroll down to the Client Details section. Make sure you've filled in the client's first name and last name. The Client's Last Name field is required to convert an enquiry into an intake record.
- Scroll down to the Outcome Details section.
- Click on the Enquiry Outcome drop-down list.
- Select Converted to Intake.
- Fill in the Outcome Details text field if you have any details to add about the outcome.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will create the client as an intake record. You can go to the intake record by scrolling to the General Enquiry section of the enquiry and clicking on the client's name in the Client field.
If your system is set up to automatically create contact records from enquiry outcomes, any new records will appear on the intake record in the sections under the relevant tabs.
An intake record has fewer options than a client contact record. If you need to add services to a client and can't see the required options, you may need to convert the intake into a client.