This article explains how to create a client record from an enquiry.
A lot of useful information is captured about a client during the enquiry process. When you convert a client from an enquiry, this information will be included on their client record.
If the enquiry has already been converted to intake, you'll need to follow the steps to create a client from an intake record.
Converting an enquiry into a client adds information from the enquiry to a new client record. Once an enquiry is converted, it'll no longer affect the client record. You'll need to find the client record to make changes.
To convert a client from an enquiry:
- Click on the Search... field on your navbar and search for the client's name. If they've already been converted, you might find them as an intake or client record. Otherwise, look for them under Enquiries in the results, and click on the Enquiry ID text link.
You can also find enquiries under the Enquiries tab, as described in our finding and editing an enquiry article.
- Once you've opened the enquiry record, click on the Edit button. This will open an Edit Enquiry form.
- Check the Client field to see if there's already an intake or client record for this enquiry. If this field is populated with the client's name, you can click on the text link to go to the client or intake record.
- If the Client field is blank, scroll down to the Client Details section. Make sure you've filled in the client's first name and last name. The Client's Last Name field is required to convert an enquiry into a client record.
- Scroll down to the Outcome Details section.
- Click on the Enquiry Outcome drop-down list.
- Select Converted to Client.
- Fill in the Outcome Details text field if you have any details to add about the outcome.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will create the client record. You can go to the new client record by scrolling back up to the General Enquiry section of the enquiry and clicking on the client's name in the Client field.
If your system is set up to automatically create contact records from enquiry outcomes, any new records will appear on the client's record in the sections under the relevant tabs.