This article explains how to create a client record from an enquiry.
A lot of useful information is captured about a client during the enquiry process. When you convert a client from an enquiry, this information will be included on their client contact record.
If the client has already been converted to intake, you'll need to follow the steps to create a client from an intake record. If you've previously converted a particular enquiry into a client, repeating this step will not create or change any records. You'll need to find the client record under Contacts to make changes.
To convert a client from an enquiry:
- Click on the Enquiries tab. If you can't see this tab, you may need to check under the More drop-down list or click on the App Launcher nine ball grid and search for enquiries.
- Locate your enquiry and click on the Enquiry ID text link of the client. If you're not sure how, find out more about finding and editing an enquiry.
- This will open the enquiry record. Click on the Edit button.
- Some settings on the enquiry may automatically create an intake or client record if this functionality has been enabled. If the Client field is populated with the client's name, you can click on the text link to navigate to the client or intake record.
- If the Client field is blank, scroll down to the Outcome Details section.
- Click on the Enquiry Outcome drop-down list.
- Select Converted to Client.
- Fill in the Outcome Details text field if you need to add any other relevant information about the outcome of the client's enquiry or assessments.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will create the client record. You can navigate to the new client contact record by scrolling back up to the General Enquiry section of the enquiry and clicking on the client's name in the Client field.