This article explains how to update or finalise a client's request for services.
Keeping the status of your service requests up-to-date will help you manage your services and capacity. You can move clients from pending to waitlisted to enrolled, or you can record that their request was cancelled.
You can find service requests:
Once you locate the request, you can then update the status.
Service Requests list view
A benefit of using the Service Requests list view is that it shows how long clients have been waiting and how many other clients require the service.
To see a current list of service requests:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Scroll down to the All Items section and click on the Service Requests text link.
- Use the list view filter to see all requests or only the requests for a specific service.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit to open the request.
Intake or client contact record
To open a service request from an intake or client contact record:
- Navigate to the relevant intake or client contact record.
Intake records can be found by clicking on a client's name on their enquiry record. Client contact records can be found by clicking on the Contacts tab.
- Click on the Contracts tab. You might need to click on the More drop-down arrow to find it.
- Scroll down the Service Requests section and locate the relevant request.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit.
Update the status of the request
Once you've navigated to the request:
- Click on the Status drop-down list to move the client to a new status.
|Pending||The request requires further assessment. Pending requests can be listed on the Service Requests list view.|
|Waitlisted||Services are not currently available and the client has been added to a waiting list. Waitlisted requests can be listed on the Service Requests list view.|
|Enrolled||The client has been accepted and enrolled into the relevant services.|
|Cancelled||The request has been cancelled. A reason for the cancellation should be added to the Declined or Cancelled field.|
- If the new status is Cancelled, click in the Declined or Cancelled Reason drop-down list. You can indicate that the request was withdrawn by the client or your organisation, or that the service is no longer available.
- If the new status is Enrolled, scroll down to the Enrolment section to add more information about the enrolment.
- The three search fields allow you to show if the enrolment has been Assigned To a worker, whether a Volunteer is involved and to link the request to the Related Service Agreement if it has been created.
- You can also add the date that the client was enrolled.
- Once you've filled out all of the enrolment information, click on the Save button.