This article explains how to create a manual journal entry for a home care package (HCP) funded client.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Most changes to an HCP client's journal will be performed by automated processes. However, there may be times when you want to make manual entries for things like reversals or adjustments.
There are four different types of journal records that you can create. Which one you choose will depend on what you need to do and whether or not the journal is locked.
|Record type||Journal status||Description and when to use|
|Simple||Unlocked||Used before the journal is locked to create or edit general entries. May be system generated or created manually.|
|Adjustment||Locked||Used after the journal is locked to create entries that record a change to the rate (cost) or quantity, so that changes to funding for a locked period can be identified.|
|Claim||Used to track the expected amounts to be claimed against each of the funds and to support determining the unspent funding.|
|Reversal||Locked||Used after the journal is locked to balance the record back to zero / not charged when an entry has been:
To make a manual journal entry:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Contracts tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find the Contracts tab.
- Scroll down to the Journals section.
- Click on the journal name text link.
- This will open a screen that shows the current balances in the top section and a list view of journal entries below. To make a new entry, click on the New button at the top of the journal list view.
- This will open a new journal entry form. Choose the appropriate record type and click on the Next button.
- The Journal field will automatically be filled in with your journal's name. The next three fields are also mandatory and must be completed before you'll be able to save your entry.
Mandatory fields are marked with a red * asterisk and must be populated before you'll be able to save your journal entry.
- Click in the Date field and select the date on which you need to make your entry.
- Click on the Account drop-down list and select the type of account.
- Click in the Site field and begin typing a name to search for a site. Select the site name from the list.
- If required, click in the Support Service/Expense Type and select a type from the list.
- Add the amount of the entry into the Debit field to decrease the journal balance or the Credit field to increase the journal balance.
- Add a description of the transaction in the Particulars text field.
- In the Service Information area, add a unit price and quantity if applicable. You can leave the Date Paid field blank but update it at a later date after the client has paid for a service.
- If required, add information for the funding source item and leave adjustments.
- Click on the Save button.
- Your entry will be added to the journal and the balances will be adjusted to reflect your new entry.