This article explains how to make changes to budget items in a client's home care package (HCP) budget.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
A client's home care package budget appears as a funding source on the client's record. In order to update the budget you'll need to first navigate to the client's budget.
To review or modify a budget item:
- From the client's Contracts screen, scroll down to the Funding Sources section.
- Look for the funding source that has a record type of Home Care Package and status of Current. You may need to click View All to find it.
- Click on the funding source name text link to open.
- If you're adding a new budget item that hasn't previously been part of this client's budget, click on the plus sign at the end of that item's row.
- If you're updating or deleting an existing budget item, click on the pencil icon that appears when you hover your mouse over the item row.
- You'll either see a Add or Edit form for the budget item you selected. How you select the rate for supplements and fees will depend on how the rate is calculated for that fee or supplement. For example, some rates are auto-filled because there is only one option. Others require you to make a selection or enter a negotiated rate. The table describes how to select the rate for each supplement and fee type. You can enter a start and end date regardless of how the rate is selected.
|Supplement and fee types||Rate field|
|Oxygen Supplement||Auto-filled due to only having a single option|
|Enteral Feeding Supplement||Select from bolus or non bolus|
|Dementia and Cognition Supplement||Select the client's package level|
|Veterans Supplement||Select the client's package level|
|Top Up Supplement||Auto-filled due to only having a single option|
|Hardship Supplement||Enter as a negotiated rate|
|Viability Supplement||Select the client's ARIA score|
|Basic Daily Care Fee||Auto-filled based on the client's package level|
|Compensation Payment Fee||Enter as a negotiated rate|
|Income Tested Care Fee||Enter as a negotiated rate|
More information about budgets is included in the article that explains how to set up a client's budget during the onboarding process.
- If you're removing an existing budget item, you can click on the Delete button at the bottom of the form. If you're making a change or adding a new budget item, click on the Save button once you're happy with your selections.
- Your client's budget will be updated to reflect your changes.