This article explains how to reconcile a home care package (HCP) monthly statement extract.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
When you have generated an extract for an HCP monthly statement, you can upload a payment statement file from Services Australia and reconcile the two. This can help you to identify:
- any client within the payment summary that can't be found against the extract, and
- discrepancies in the data from the unspent fund balances.
Before you can reconcile a statement extract you need to first create the HCP extract.
To reconcile an HCP monthly statement extract:
- Open the extract that you want to reconcile by clicking on the title link.
- Click on the Reconcile Payment Statement button.
- Click on Upload File and locate the file on your device (you can also drag-and-drop a file onto the window).
- Select the file and click the Open button.
The uploaded file needs to be a .CSV file. An Excel file (.XLSX) won't work.
- When the file has finished uploading, click Done.
- Click Process.
- Refresh the page for the extract. On the details page, you can see an error message for any clients who don't have an extract item.
- If you click on the Related tab and open an extract item for a client, you will be able to see their budget reconciliation information at the bottom of the page.