This article explains how to record an incident involving a client so that it's linked to the client's contact record.
This article explains how to record an incident where a client was involved. If no client was involved, click on this article explaining how to record an incident from the incidents management list view.
To record an incident on a client's contact record:
- Navigate to the client's contact record.
- Click on the Assessments tab.
- Scroll down to the Incident Management section.
- Click on the New button.
- This will display a list of the available new incident management forms.
- Click on the radio button or incident type for the incident that you need to record.
- Click on the Next button.
- This will launch a New Incident Management form.
- Complete the New Incident Management form by entering information into any fields you need to, which may depend on your organisation's business processes. The Client field should already have auto-filled with the client's contact record.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will create a new Incident Management record that's linked to the client and listed in the Incident Management section of the client's contact record.
If a restrictive practice was used as part of the response to a reportable incident, you can link the restrictive practice (RP) record to the incident management record. Make sure you note down the incident management record number, as you'll need it to link to the restrictive practice.