This article explains how to assign page layouts to profiles to give users access to additional features in Lumary CM.
During the development of new features, we sometimes add new page layouts that extend Lumary CM’s functionality but aren't critical for the product to work as intended. System administrators can enable these features by assigning page layouts to their user's profiles.
We recommend that these types of changes be applied by system administrators with a good understanding of managing a Salesforce environment. If you’d like to engage Lumary to apply specific steps on your behalf, please reach out to our Customer Success team to request a quote.
If you're relatively new to Salesforce, you may benefit from working through some of the training material listed in our help and training resources article.
This article includes:
The following video provides an example of how to assign a page layout to the record type of an object to enable optional functionality. There is no audio in the video.
The following instructions explain how to assign any page layout to the record type of an object. These steps can be applied to assign the page layouts and record types to objects listed in the table at the end of the instructions.
To assign a page layout to a record type for an object:
- Click on the cog setup icon.
- Select Setup.
- Click on the Object Manager tab.
- Click in the Quick Find search field.
- Type the name of the object.
- Click on the text link of the object name.
- Select Page Layouts.
- Click on the Page Layout Assignments button.
- Click on the Edit Assignment button.
- If your record type is not on the first screen, click on the Next button to navigate across the record types.
- Select the relevant profiles -
- If you're selecting specific profiles, click on the cell of the record type column that matches the row of the profile. You can hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple profiles.
- To select all profiles, click on the record type's name at the top of the column. This should highlight the whole column.
- Click on the Page Layout To Use: drop-down list
- Select the page layout.
- Click on the Save button.
List of optional fields
The following table explains which page layouts to assign to the record types of an object to access additional functionality. It also lists:
- recommended profiles, and
- the version of Lumary CM where the page layout was introduced.
Make sure the environment you're updating has at least the Lumary CM version listed for the page layout you're assigning.
|Object||Record Type||Page Layout||Profiles||CM version|
|Extract Item||PMHC MDS Practitioner||PMHC MDS Practitioner Layout||All||17|
|PMHC MDS Provider Organisation||PMHC MDS Provider Organisation Layout||All||17|