This article explains how to identify and update a customised client record page and provides a list of the available improvements.
Some integrations and implementations require the inclusion of a customised version of the client record page. For example, Pendula and Skedulo integrations require the addition of extra components to this page. However, this means that some updates to the Lumary product need to be manually applied to be available to users when they navigate to a client's contact record.
Before you begin...
If you're aware of changes to the client contact record that you or your users are unable to access, first make sure that the feature doesn't require a permission set. This requirement should be described in release notes relating to the feature.
We recommend that these types of changes be applied by system administrators with a good understanding of managing a Salesforce environment. If you’d like to engage Lumary to apply specific steps on your behalf, please reach out to our Customer Success team to request a quote.
If you're relatively new to Salesforce, you may benefit from working through some of the training material listed in our help and training resources article.
This article explains how to:
It also features a list of updated components.
Identify a custom client record page
To check whether you're using a custom client record page:
- Navigate to a client's contact record.
- Click on the setup cog icon.
- Select Setup.
- Click in the Quick Find search field.
- Type lightning app.
- Click on the Lightning App Builder text link.
- Scroll down to the Client Record Page entry. The package version will be named Client_Record_Page and only have the Clone and View actions available. You won't be able to edit this version.
- If you have a customised version of this page, it will show the Edit, Clone and Delete actions.
If you don't see a customised version of the page and your users have been unable to access new or updated features, make sure they have all of the required permission sets for that feature.
Add, remove or replace a component
Once you've identified the customised client record page, you can add, remove or replace components. Most components, like related lists, will be additions to your page. However, components like the Sessions Calendar may need to be replaced.
To add, remove or replace a component:
- Click on the Edit action text link for the customised client record page.
- This will open the page in the Lightning App Builder. There are three main sections:
- The left section contains standard and custom components that can be added to the layout.
- The middle panel shows a preview of the page that can be used to navigate to different components.
- The section to the right allows you to select specific versions of standard components, for example, the restrictive practices related list.
- Add new components by dragging them from the left panel and dropping them on the page in the middle panel.
- If you're using a standard component, you'll need to select the specific version using the options in the panel on the right. For example, if you're adding the Restrictive Practices related list, you'll need to select it from the Related List field.
- If you're replacing a custom component with a newer version, remove the existing version first by rolling over the component in the middle panel and clicking on the trash can delete button.
- Once you've made your changes, click on the Save button.
- Click on the back arrow to go back to the Setup page.
List of updated components
The following table shows:
- components that can be added to customised client record pages
- their recommended placement, and
- the version of Lumary where they were introduced.
|Component||Purpose||Type||Location||Recommended placement||Update version|
|Restrictive Practices Related List||Recording restrictive practice usage (NDIS)||Related List (Standard)||Health Tab||Below Health Conditions||Lumary 16|
|Sessions Calendar||Scheduling appointments for individual clients||Custom||Engagement Tab > Calendar||Should be the only component under this tab, remove the older calendar if necessary||Lumary 17|