This article explains how to set a DEX case structure on a service.
The functionality in this article requires at least Lumary version 19. It also requires the activation of fields for capturing DEX requirements in your production environment.
The are several ways to structure cases and generate case ids for DEX XML using Lumary. One option is to set a case structure on the service record. You can find out more about other options in our introduction to case structures and case ids article.
To set the DEX case structure on a service:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click in the Search apps and items... field.
- Type services.
- Select the Services item (not the Service app).
- Click on the Recently Viewed drop-down list.
- Select the funding type for your service or select All.
- You may need to use the Search this list... field to locate your service.
- Click on the Service Name of your service.
- Scroll down to the DEX information section.
- Find the DEX Case Structure drop-down list and click on the pencil icon.
- Click on the DEX Case Structure drop-down list.
- Select -
- Separate case for each Service Agreement Item if group sessions for this service are reported using a group structure based on the service agreement item (SAI). Case ids are automatically generated by Lumary and use the SAI number.
- Separate case for each individual if group sessions for this service are reported using individual cases for each person in the session. Case ids are automatically generated by Lumary and use the client's funded client (FSCC) number, or
- Separate case for each group activity if group sessions for this service are reported using a group structure based on the attendance of a group session. DEX group activity IDs are entered on the service delivered (SD) record from the Service Delivery Entry (SDE) screen.
When there is a DEX Case Structure setting on a service, it will override the setting on the rate type. The following table shows how the different settings on services and rate types affect the source of the case id.
|Rate type setting|
|Service record setting||Separate case for each individual||Separate case for each Service Agreement Item||None|
|Separate case for each individual||FSCC, automatic||FSCC, automatic||FSCC, automatic|
|Separate case for each Service Agreement Item||SAI, automatic||SAI, automatic||SAI, automatic|
|Separate case for each group activity||SDE, user entry||SDE, user entry||SDE, user entry|
|None||FSCC, automatic||SAI, automatic||SAI, automatic|
- Once you've set your DEX Case Structure, click on the Save button.