This article explains how to set a DEX case structure for a rate type.
The functionality in this article requires at least Lumary version 18. It also requires the activation of fields for capturing DEX requirements in your production environment.
The are several ways to structure cases and generate case ids for DEX XML using Lumary. One option is to set a case structure for a rate type. This approach means that all services using rates with that rate type will generate case ids based on the DEX case structure you select. However, the setting can be overridden on specific services.
You can find out more about the different options for setting case ids in our introduction to case structures and case ids article.
To set the DEX case structure on a rate type:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click in the Search apps and items... field.
- Type reference.
- Select Reference Data.
- Click on the Recently Viewed drop-down list and select Rate Types.
- You may need to use the Search this list... field to locate your rate type.
- Click on the name of the rate type.
- Scroll down to the DEX Case Structure field.
- Click on the pencil icon.
- Click on the DEX Case Structure drop-down list.
- Select -
- Separate case for each Service Agreement Item if group sessions for this service are reported using a group structure based on the service agreement item (SAI). Case ids are automatically generated by Lumary and use the SAI number, or
- Separate case for each individual if group sessions for this service are reported using individual cases for each person in the session. Case ids are automatically generated by Lumary and use the client's funded client (FSCC) number.
If you need to generate separate cases for services that are reported based on attendance at a group session, this can be done on the service record.
When there is a DEX Case Structure setting on a service, it will override the setting on the rate type. The following table shows how the different settings on services and rate types affect the source of the case id.
|Rate type setting|
|Service record setting||Separate case for each individual||Separate case for each Service Agreement Item||None|
|Separate case for each individual||FSCC, automatic||FSCC, automatic||FSCC, automatic|
|Separate case for each Service Agreement Item||SAI, automatic||SAI, automatic||SAI, automatic|
|Separate case for each group activity||SDE, user entry||SDE, user entry||SDE, user entry|
|None||FSCC, automatic||SAI, automatic||SAI, automatic|
- Once you've set your DEX Case Structure, click on the Save button.