This article explains how to set up a funding schedule on a service agreement for a supported independent living (SIL) weekly service.
This functionality requires at least Lumary 20.
The NDIA has added weekly claiming for providers of supported independent living services (SIL). Providers can claim a weekly amount as an alternative to claiming using the hourly support items. We recommend that providers use Lumary's Funding Schedule settings to set up their client's service agreements to claim SIL as a weekly service.
Before you begin...
To use the funding schedule feature, the automated process for creating SD records must be scheduled to run in your environment. You'll also need to:
- create a service agreement with NDIS funding
- set the agreement's start date to commence at least 7 days before the first date you'll generate a service delivered (SD) record, and
- include the Assistance with daily life support category on the agreement.
Once you've set up your service agreement:
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the Assistance with daily life support category's row and select New Item.
- There are several mandatory fields at the top of the New Service Agreement Item form. Some will auto-populate based on other selections or information in your agreement or environment. We've provided a summary of the fields and some recommended settings. For a weekly SIL service, you'll need to make sure you select the Supported independent living - Weekly service.
|Field||Purpose and/or recommended setting|
Controls the rollover of funds:
|Site||The site linked to the delivery of the service.|
|Service||Select the Supported independent living - Weekly service.|
|Program||Optional. Select a program if your business uses programs to manage clients and/or services.|
|Rate||Select a rate from the drop-down list. The default rate for this service is 0.00. You'll need to use the negotiated rates settings to set the weekly cost of the service.|
|Prevent NDIS Rates Substitution||Controls whether SD records created from this service agreement item (SAI) automatically use new NDIS rates after an NDIS pricing update.|
|Delivery Ratio||Used to apportion services delivered to groups where the cost of the service is shared across the group. We recommend leaving this as 1:1 for SIL weekly services.|
- Once you've set up your service and rate, you'll need to put a tick in the Use Negotiated Rate checkbox. This will activate the negotiated rate fields so that you can override the $0.00 setting.
- Fill in the Negotiated Rate Ex GST with the weekly amount indicated in your client's plan.
- Fill in the Negotiated Rate GST amount. If you're not charging GST, set this amount to $0.00.
- The Reason for Negotiated Rate field is optional. If your business records this, select a reason for using the negotiated rate. If you select Other, you'll also need to fill in the Other Reason text field.
- Scroll down to the Funding Schedule section. This is where you'll set up the schedule for the automatic creation of SD records. The system calculates the Support Delivered From field in the NDIS extract CSV by counting back from the SD record’s date. For the earliest SD record, the SD record date will be the funding schedule start date. You'll need to make sure you leave at least 7 days between the service agreement's start date and the funding schedule start date.
|Field||Purpose and/or recommended setting|
|Schedule Start Date||This will be the first date for which the system generates an SD record to claim for the service. The system counts back from this date to calculate when the week should begin, so it must be at least 7 days later than the service agreement's start date.|
|Schedule End Date||The date the automated SD record creation will end. This must be the same as the end date of the service agreement or earlier.|
|Session Start Time||This field is used for services with an hourly unit of measure and should be left blank.|
|Session End Time||This field is used for services with an hourly unit of measure and should be left blank.|
|Repeat every||These fields calculate the frequency of the automated SD record creation. Set them to 1 and Week.|
|Repeat on||This is the day of the week that the system will generate the SD record. We recommend making this the same day as the Schedule Start Date.|
|Quantity per Session||The number of units to charge for each session. Set this to 1, as the unit of measure of the service is weekly.|
This field can be used to subtract sessions that the client will miss from the calculations in the Financial section. However, this will not prevent SD records from being generated. If the funding schedule generates an SD record for a date where the client is not to be charged, you may need to:
Your approach will depend on your business and reporting processes.
|Schedule Service Delivery Items||Put a tick in this checkbox. It activates the automatic creation of SD records.|
The Quantity and Total fields in the Financial section are calculated automatically based on the values in the Funding Schedule section. We recommend that you avoid changing the values in the Quantity and Total fields.
- The Item Overclaim drop-down list allows you to indicate how the system should handle claims that will exceed the total funding allocated to this item.
- Fill in any other fields required by your business processes.
- Click on the Save button.
Once your client approves the agreement and you set it to current, the automated process will create SD records based on your Funding Schedule settings.
If you need to claim for part of a week, you'll need to use the weekly service. Find out more in our article on claiming a partial week using the SIL weekly service.