This article explains how to create and schedule a new job using the Skedulo web app.
This process involves filling out many mandatory fields and has some optional sections. This article is broken down into four main topics:
Before you begin
To create and schedule a job in Skedulo:
- Navigate to the contact that you want to schedule a job for. You may need to click on the More tab if the Contacts tab isn't visible on the nav bar.
- Click on the Schedule Job button.
- Input information into the relevant fields in the Job Details section.
|Start Date||The date of the job, or the first job in a series, if the job is recurring.|
|Start Time||The time that the job will start.|
|Duration||The duration of the job.|
|Urgency||How urgent the job is. This will be shown in the Skedulo Console.|
|Description||A brief description of the job to help it be easily identified.|
|Region||The region in which the job will occur. This is used to assign resources from that region and determine public holidays.|
|Address Type||Whether the service will be delivered at the address of the client, the address of an already existing account, or at another location.|
|Address||The address at which the job will be scheduled to occur. This may be pre-filled depending on your selection for the Address Type.|
|Make Job Recurring||Check this box if you would like to make this job repeat on a regular basis.|
- If you want to schedule the job on a recurring basis then check the Make Job Recurring checkbox and enter the details of the job recurrences in either the Pattern Builder or Calendar tabs.
Creating recurring jobs
In the Calendar view, recurring jobs can simply be scheduled by clicking on the days for which you want to schedule the appointment.
In the Pattern Builder, recurring jobs can be scheduled on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis in the Repeat field. Recurrences can either end by a particular date or after a certain number of occurrences.
After scheduling your job recurrences, you'll need to tick or un-tick the checkboxes at the bottom of the recurrences section:
- Skip Holidays will stop jobs from being scheduled on a public holiday. If a scheduled job falls on a public holiday it will be skipped. Public holidays are dependent on the region that the job is assigned to and will need to be added manually to each region. To learn how to add holidays, check out Skedulo's article on Holidays.
- Dispatch and Accept per job will send jobs through to the assigned resource one at a time, as they need to be dispatched. Leaving this option unchecked will send all jobs through to the assigned resource/s.
For a more in-depth explanation about creating recurring jobs, check out the recurring jobs article.
- Select the service delivery method from the Delivery Method drop-down menu.
- Workers Actual Time is the actual amount of time taken to deliver the service, as reported by the worker that delivers it.
- Scheduled Time is the amount of time scheduled for the service to take place.
- Fixed Quantity is a fixed amount that will need to be specified in the Quantity field that will appear if this option is selected.
- Select the Category and Service to be delivered.
Why can't I see the category or service that I want?
If the Category or Service menus are empty or don't have the right options, make sure that the contact has an active Service Agreement with the correct service Categories and Line Items. These will need to be present in a Service Agreement that has been signed off by the client and has the status of Current.
Also check whether the Categories selected in the Service Agreement have the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox ticked. If delivery has been restricted to Line Items, then only the specific Line Items that are present within the service delivery will be available when scheduling a job.
- Depending on the service, you may also be required to input the Site where the service will be delivered, the Service Agreement Item and the service Rate. Fill in these details if the fields appear. Only Sites that are associated with a Service Agreement for the date on which a job will occur will be listed here.
- Ensure that the Start Time and End Time are correct. These times must fall within the duration period after the specified starting time in the Job Details section above, so change these values in the Job Details section if needed.
- Add in multiple services by clicking the Add Service button, if required.
- Add any skills required to perform the job in the Tags field.
- Enter the number of required Resources and Assets required to complete the job.
- Click Create Job.
- A window will appear to notify you that the job has been created. Click on the Go to Job Details Page button if you want to assign resources at a later time, or Allocate Resources to assign resources to the job right away.
Now that you've created a job, you're ready to allocate resources to it so that it can be delivered.