This article explains how to set up a rate type so that the system automatically substitutes new rates. It does not cover NDIS rates, which require a specific Lumary Setting.
When changing the rates for your services, you may need to keep a copy of the previous version of the rates. If you add a new version of an existing rate, you can set the rate type so that the new rate is automatically applied to new service delivered (SD) records.
This article explains:
- how the system determines whether or not to substitute a rate
- where to apply the automatic rollover setting on a new rate type, and
- where to apply the automatic rollover setting on an existing rate type.
This process and the requirements are slightly different for NDIS rates and are explained in the Automatically apply updated NDIS rates article.
How the system matches rates for substitution
For an SD record to substitute a new rate, the date of the service delivery must be within the newer rate's start and end dates. Both rates must have the same:
- rate name
- GST code, and
- rate type.
The old rate doesn't need to be expired for the system to use the new one. If there are two active rates, the system will select the rate with the latest start date or, if the start dates match, the rate with the latest creation date.
The rate will not change on existing service agreement items (SAI). However, it will be applied when service delivered records are generated from affected service agreements.
Existing service delivered records
Service delivered (SD) records that have already been generated will not be modified. However, SD records will be changed if the record is edited and:
- it has not already been extracted, or
- there is no tick in the Prevent Delivered Record Modification checkbox under Lumary Settings.
Apply the automatic rollover setting to a new rate type
To set up a new rate type to automatically apply new rates, put a tick in the Automatic Rollover field when you add the new rate type.
Apply the automatic rollover setting to an existing rate type
To add the automatic rollover setting to an existing rate type:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click in the Search apps and items... field.
- Type reference.
- Click on the Reference Data text link.
- Click on the Select List View drop-down list.
- Select Rate Types.
- Click on the name of the rate type. You may need to use the search field to refine your list.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the Automatic Rollover field.
- Put a tick in the Automatic Rollover checkbox.
- Click on the Save button.