This article explains how to create a new user.
To ensure enterprise level data security and storage, Lumary runs on the Salesforce platform. This means that you will need to set up new users through Salesforce to provide access to Lumary packages. You will need to have the relevant licences available in your subscription to assign them. Learn more about how to check for available Salesforce licences.
To create a new user:
- Click on the Setup icon.
- Select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click on Users.
- Within the Users section, click on the New User button.
- Enter information about the user into the relevant fields. Fields marked red are mandatory and some will be auto-generated based on other entries. Key fields to check and/or complete are listed in the following table.
|First Name||The user's first name.|
|Last Name||The user's last name.|
|Alias||Automatically taken from the user's first and last names.|
|The user's email address.|
|Username||Automatically taken from the user's email address.|
|Nickname||Automatically taken from the name in the user's email address. We recommend sticking with this nickname as it will make the login process easier for the user.|
|Role||Defines the user's level of access to various records.|
|User License||The type of Salesforce licence for this user. Different Salesforce licences affect the access level of the user's Lumary account, as per the table in the profile section below.|
Under User License, you may see other options, such as Chatter. These will not provide access to the Lumary system and should not be selected when setting up a new user. If you do not see a Salesforce option, contact the Lumary Customer Success team.
- Profile - the type of Lumary profile for this user. This will affect which screens the user can access and what information they can change in the Lumary system. This will usually depend on the user's role within your organisation. You must select a profile with a Lumary or Enrite Care prefix. Different profile levels require different Salesforce licences, as per the table.
|Basic||Salesforce Platform||Lumary Basic|
|Standard||Salesforce Platform||Lumary Standard|
- Time Zone - this setting is listed further down the form, under Locale Settings. It will default to the zone that has been defined for your company in Salesforce under Company Information. This should only be changed if your user is working in a different time zone than the rest of your company.
If you're using the Sessions Calendar, Beds Calendar or the calendar on the client's contact record to create and track appointments, make sure that the user's Time Zone setting matches the time zone used on their PC or device. This will ensure that times displayed on the calendar match the times shown on session records.
- All other selections can be left with their default settings or modified as required.
At the bottom of the form, under Approver Settings, there is a checkbox field labelled Generate new password and notify user immediately. This checkbox is ticked by default. This means that the user will be sent a login request email. Be aware that this has an expiry of 24 hours. If the user does not access their account within 24 hours, you'll need to reset their password.
- Once you're happy with the settings for your new user, click on the Save button.