This article explains how to use the Tracking Category Name and Tracking Category Option fields in Lumary CM to enhance reporting in Xero.
The Tracking Category Name and Tracking Category Option fields in Lumary provide a way to assess how different areas of the business are performing, such as departments, regions or locations. If you're integrating with a Xero accounting system, you can now:
- set up tracking categories in Lumary and share this information with Xero to unlock Xero’s reporting capabilities. This way, your reports help you make proactive business decisions.
- report on up to 2 tracking categories via Lumary. Help on how to set up tracking categories in Xero can be found on Xero Central, and
- set up tracking categories for individual services and sites.
You can add tracking category options and names using site/services programs records in Lumary. You'll need to add this information for each site or service program linked to the service.
Before you begin…
To add tracking category related information, the service needs to be linked to at least one site. Find out how to link a service to a site.
Go to the service record
To navigate to the service record:
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click in the Search apps and items... field.
- Type services.
- Click on the Services text link.
- This will open a list of services. If your service isn't listed, it may help to filter the list view. To do this, click on the Select List View drop-down list.
- Select your record's type.
- Click on the text link of the service name you want to link. If you can't find your service by scrolling:
- Click in the Search this list... field.
- Type part of the name of the service to filter your list.
Update the site/services programs records
To update site/services programs records with your tracking information:
- Click on the Related tab.
- Scroll down to the Site Services/Programs section.
- Click on the Site Service ID text link for the site and/or program where the service will be delivered.
- Click on the Edit button at the top of the record. You may need to click on the drop-down arrow to find it.
- Scroll down to the XERO Information section.
- Click in the Tracking Category Name field and add or edit the category name.
- Click in the corresponding Tracking Category Option field and add or edit the option information. Use name 1 and option 1 for your first option, and name 2 and option 2 if you require a second option.
Both the tracking category name and tracking category option need to be added to enable Xero to process this information. If these fields are not available in your production environment, reach out to our Customer Success team.
- Click on the Save button.
- You’ll need to repeat these steps for each site that’s linked to the service and requires tracking.
The tracking category name and tracking category option will now be included when financial extracts for this service and site or program combination are sent to Xero. They’ll also appear on the draft invoice.