This article explains how to use the Transfer SD feature and lists some of the conditions required to successfully transfer service delivered records to a new service agreement.
Transferring SD records to a service agreement with different funding management requires at least Lumary 20.
The Transfer SD function enables system administrators to transfer unclaimed service delivered (SD) records to a new service agreement. This feature aims to help providers avoid claim rejections when a change in a client or participant's situation requires a new service agreement while unclaimed SD records exist on their previous agreement.
Before you begin...
To transfer SD records, the source service agreement that includes your SD records will need to have a status of Current, Expired or Cancelled. You'll also need your system administrator to:
- tick the Enable Service Deliveries Transfer option in Lumary Settings, and
- set up your access to Transfer SD.
If you need to transfer extracted SD records, you'll also need your system administrator to apply a setting to allow the transfer of extracted records. If the SD record has been extracted for a different type of funding management, you'll first need to unlink the extracted SD record.
To prepare for the transfer, you'll need to set up a new NDIS, individual grant or other service agreement with service items that match the following on your SD records:
- support category
- service agreement line item
- site, and
Your target service agreement should have a status of Current, Draft or Quote Submitted. If your client already has multiple service agreements, take note of your new agreement's service agreement (SA) number.
Once you've set up your new agreement:
- Navigate to the original service agreement.
- Click on the Transfer SD button. If you can't see this button, make sure that you've enabled service deliveries transfer in Lumary Settings and that the status of your service agreement is Current.
- Set the Start Date for the timeframe of the SD records that you need to transfer.
- Set the End Date for the timeframe of the SD records that you need to transfer.
- If you want to set the status of the source service agreement to Expired once the SD records are transferred, put a tick in the Expire Service Agreement checkbox.
- Click on the Next button.
- This will show a list of available destination service agreements. Select your destination agreement from the drop-down list and then click on the Next button.
- The next screen allows you to Choose service delivered records to transfer. The first part of the form shows which records are available in each category. Click on category headings to expand each list. Once you find the relevant SD records, put a tick in their checkbox to include them in your transfer.
- The second part of the form summarises SD records that cannot be transferred. The records are grouped by reasons. Clicking on a reason will expand its list.
- Clicking on an SD record's name link will open the record in a new browser tab. You may be able to edit some of your excluded records so that they can be transferred.
- Once you've made your selections and reviewed excluded records, click on the Finish button.
You cannot transfer an SD record if:
- the date of the record is not within the start and end dates of the service agreement that you've selected
- there is no valid matching service in your destination service agreement
- there is no valid rate available for the service in your new service agreement
- there is no valid site available for the service in your new service agreement, or
- the SD record has been added to a cart.
SD records that are child records, for example, travel to an appointment included on a service delivery entry, will not appear as separate transferable items. However, they will shift to the new agreement if the parent is transferred.
If you need to transfer extracted SD records, you'll also need your system administrator to apply a setting to allow the transfer of extracted records.
- If you have successfully transferred SD records, you'll see a confirmation message. Click on the Finish button to continue.
- You'll be taken back to your source service agreement. You'll need to refresh your browser to see the changes. If you navigate back to your list of service agreements, you'll be able to see that the balances have been adjusted to reflect the transfer of the SD records.