This article explains how to set up the subsidies, supplements and fees for a client's home care package (HCP).
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Once you've added goals and outcomes, the next step of the onboarding process is setting up your client's Budget. During this step, you'll be able to add the subsidies and supplements that will be paid by the government and any fees that will be contributed by the client.
If you're returning to an onboarding process, you'll need to navigate to the process pathway.
Click to find out how to get to the process pathway
- Navigate to your client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find Plans.
- Scroll down to the Processes section.
- Click on the Process Name for your client's onboarding process.
To set up a client's budget during HCP onboarding:
- The process pathway should be at the Budget step. If it isn't, click on the Budget button and then click on the Mark as Current Entry Status button.
- The selector at the top of the budget allows you to display daily, 30 day or annual sub totals and totals. However, you'll be adding daily rates during onboarding, so we recommend leaving this set to Daily until you've set up your first budget.
- The basic subsidy is based on your client's HCP level -
- If you've already set your client's HCP level and primary site, the Basic Subsidy row should already show this value. If you need to change the HCP level or subsidy, or to set a start and/or end date for the subsidy, click anywhere on the Basic Subsidy row.
- If you haven't already set your client's HCP level and primary site, click on the plus sign at the end of the Basic Subsidy row.
- This will open the Edit Basic Subsidy form. Click on the cross if you need to remove the current home care level or site.
- To set a new home care level, click in the Rate search field.
- Select the package level of your client.
- To set a new site, click in the Site search field and select a site from the drop-down list.
- You can also add a date to the Start Date field if you want to start generating records earlier or later than the agreement start date. If you leave this blank, records will commence from the date that the service agreement is set to current.
- If the subsidy will be ending on a specific date, you can add this to the End Date field, however, this is not a mandatory field.
- Once you're happy with your settings, click on the Save button.
If you add any item to the budget by mistake, you'll be able to remove it by opening the relevant form and clicking on the Delete button.
- To add a new supplement or fee, click on the plus sign at the end of the relevant row.
- How you select the rate for supplements and fees will depend on how it's calculated for that fee or supplement. For example, some rates are auto-filled because there is only one option. Others require you to make a selection, or enter a negotiated rate. The table describes how to select the rate for each supplement and fee type. You can enter a start and end date regardless of how the rate is selected.
|Supplement and fee types||Rate field|
|Oxygen Supplement||Auto-filled due to only having a single option|
|Enteral Feeding Supplement||Select from bolus or non bolus|
|Dementia and Cognition Supplement||Select the client's package level|
|Veterans Supplement||Select the client's package level|
|Top Up Supplement||Auto-filled due to only having a single option|
|Hardship Supplement||Enter as a negotiated rate|
|Viability Supplement||Select the client's ARIA score|
|Basic Daily Care Fee||Auto-filled based on the client's package level|
|Compensation Payment Fee||Enter as a negotiated rate|
|Income Tested Care Fee||Enter as a negotiated rate|
- As per the table, some supplements and fees are entered as negotiated rates. This includes the Hardship Supplement. To add a negotiated rate, click on the plus sign at the end of the relevant row.
- As the hardship supplement depends on the circumstances of the individual, it uses a negotiated rate. Put a tick in the Use Negotiated Rate checkbox to activate the negotiated rate.
- Type the daily rate into the Negotiated Rate Amount field.
- If there's a reason for the rate, click on the Reason for Negotiated Rate drop-down list and select Other.
- If you selected Other above, add the reason to the Other Reason field.
- The start and end date fields are optional.
- Click on the Save button.
- This process is the same for all supplements and fees that are entered as a negotiated rate.
- As you add the client's supplements and fees, the system will automatically calculate your client's budget totals.
- Once you've set up all of the relevant subsidies, supplements and fees, you can also capture the transfer details if the client transferred from another provider. Otherwise, click on the Mark Entry Status as Complete button.
The next onboarding step is to add fixed costs to your client's plan.