This article explains how to add your client's goals and outcomes during the HCP onboarding process.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Once you've added your client's assessments, the next step of the onboarding process is Goals. During this step, you'll be able to add the goals and outcomes that your client is aiming to achieve through their services and funding. This will form the basis of the care plan, which you'll use to add planned services during the Plan step later in the process.
If you're returning to an onboarding process, you'll need to navigate to the process pathway.
Click to find out how to get to the process pathway
- Navigate to your client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find Plans.
- Scroll down to the Processes section.
- Click on the Process Name for your client's onboarding process.
To add goals and outcomes during HCP onboarding:
- The process pathway should be at the Goals step. If it isn't, click on the Goals button and then click on the Mark as Current Entry Status button.
- Scroll down to the Goals section.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open a New Goal form. The system will automatically generate a goal achievement plan for your client and add this to the Plan field.
- Several fields in the Information section are mandatory and must be populated before you'll be able to save the form.
Mandatory fields are marked with a red * asterisk and must be populated before you'll be able to save the goal.
- If you're not currently planning to add a service to a goal or if the goal will be addressed by another service provider, you can indicate this using the Intention field. Leaving this set to None will mean you'll need to add a planned service to indicate that the goal is being addressed. Setting this to Future will indicate that the goal will be addressed at a later time, for example, when other goals have been achieved. You can select Referred Out to indicate that the service will be provided by another business or provider.
- The Goal Achievement Information section of the form includes a checkbox that you can tick once the client has achieved their goal. You'll usually skip this section during the onboarding process.
- Once you've added information about the client's goals, you can list the steps that the client will need to take to achieve them. For each step, you can include a due date and an indication of who is required to complete each step.
- When you've added all of the steps required to achieve the goal and outcome, click on the Submit button.
- Your client's goals will now appear in the Goals section. You can click on the headings to reveal more information about each goal.
Once you've added your client's expected goals and outcomes, the next onboarding step is to set up their budget.