This article explains the information and settings required before starting the HCP onboarding process and how to launch a new process.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Whether you're creating a new client contact record or adding home care package (HCP) funding to an existing client, you'll need to make sure that the client's client type is set to include aged care. This will enable you to access HCP processes from the Process related list.
You'll need to add information about the primary site, which is the site your organisation will provide services to the client from. This will help you to enable the operational management of funding for that site.
Once you're done, you'll be ready to launch a new Onboarding Home Care Package Client process.
Set the client type to include aged care
To set a client's client type to include aged care:
- Navigate to an existing client and click on the Edit button or click on the Contacts tab and create a new client contact record.
- In the Client Type field under Available, click on Aged Care.
- Click on the arrow to move this option to the Chosen list.
Add primary site information
To add a primary site:
- In the Primary Site field, click and begin typing the site name to narrow the search options. Select a site name from the drop-down list. If you know the client's HCP funding level, you can also complete the HCP Level field.
- Add any other information you have about your client. This is a good time to add things like the client's story, which could be a helpful reference when you start to add the client's goals and services.
- Click on the Save button.
Launch a new Onboarding Home Care Package Client process
Once your client's client type includes aged care, you'll be able to launch an HCP onboarding process. To launch a new Onboarding Home Care Package Client process:
- Navigate to your client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find Plans.
- Scroll down to the Processes section.
- Click on the New button.
- Select the Onboarding Home Care Package Client record type.
- Click on the Next button.
- This will open a new process form. Your client's name should already be populated in the Contact field. The Status will automatically be set to In Progress. If the client is transferring from another provider, put a tick in the Client transferred from another provider checkbox.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will close the form. Scroll down to the Processes section and click on the Process Name for your new process.
- You should now be able to see your new process showing the process pathway.
Once you've launched your new process, the first onboarding step is to prepare your client for HCP funding.