This article explains how to add planned services to a client's home care package (HCP) during onboarding.
The functionality described in this article requires the activation of home care package (HCP) features in your production environment.
Once you've added fixed costs to the client's plan, the next step of the onboarding process is adding the planned services that will help the client to achieve their goals.
If you're returning to an onboarding process, you'll need to navigate to the process pathway.
Click to find out how to get to the process pathway
- Navigate to your client's contact record.
- Click on the Plans tab. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find Plans.
- Scroll down to the Processes section.
- Click on the Process Name for your client's onboarding process.
To add planned services during HCP onboarding:
- The process pathway should be at the Plan step. If it isn't, click on the Plan button and then click on the Mark as Current Entry Status button.
- The top part of this step shows a forecast for the next six months based on what's in the client's budget. Clicking on the Cost Breakdown button will reveal the income for each month and the split between fixed costs and services.
- As you add planned services, you can click on the Recalculate button to see how this affects the forecast.
- Scroll down to the Goals section.
- The Goals section will list the goals and outcomes that you added at the Goals step. You can add new goals by clicking on the New button and following the steps described in the goals and outcome article.
- If you need to change the details of a goal, you can do this by clicking on the Edit button.
- To find out more about the goal, click on the Details text link.
- To add a planned service, click on the Planned Services text link.
- This will open the Services list. Click on the New button.
- This will open a New Planned Service form. Most of the fields on this form will only become active when you make selections in other fields. To get started, click on the Category drop-down list.
- Select the category that will be used to fund the service -
- Select Home Care Package for services that will be funded from the client's Home Care Package funding, including any contributions they make to their package.
- Select Fee For Service for services that will be funded by sources other than the client's Home Care Package. For example, if the client is paying their own way or if the service you are selecting is not funded under home care package funding.
- Once you select a category, the Service field will become active. Use the drop-down list to select the relevant service for this goal.
- If the service you select has more than one rate, you'll need to select this from the Rate drop-down list. If there is only one rate, this will be filled in automatically.
- As with the rate, if the service is available at more than one site, you'll need to select the correct site from the Site drop-down list. If there is only one option, this will be filled in automatically.
- The Schedule section allows you to indicate how frequently the planned service will be delivered. Different selections you make in this field will show and hide additional functionality. For example, putting a tick in the Set Time checkbox will reveal start and end time fields that will automatically calculate the duration of the service. Once you complete the Schedule section, the system will calculate how much of your client's budget will be used for this service.
- If the service will be delivered more than once, click on the Repeat Every drop-down list.
- You can select whether the service will be delivered every day, weekly or monthly. For more complicated delivery schedules, you can select Custom.
- From is a mandatory field. This will set the start date for any combination of repeats.
- If you selected Custom, you'll also be able to set the frequency of your repeats. For example, if your service will be repeated every second week, set Repeat Every to 2 and Frequency to Weeks.
- To add a start and end time for your service put a tick in the Set Time checkbox. Based on your settings, the Duration (Hours) field will be filled in automatically.
- If you set the Frequency field to weeks, you'll need to set the Repeat On field by clicking on the day on which the service will be repeated.
- In the Until field, you can select the date that the service will end to automatically calculate the number of times the service will be delivered. Alternatively, you can click on the End On drop-down list and select Set Number of Sessions if you know how many sessions have been planned.
- The last field in the Schedule section is the Quantity field. The number entered in this field allows you to set how many units will be charged for each session. For example, if you haven't set the duration for a service that is calculated in hours, you can use this field to set the number of hours for each session.
- Once you've set up the Schedule to calculate how many times the planned service will be delivered, you can scroll down to the Abilities section to add any capabilities that a worker delivering the service will need. For example, this could be a specific level of training or qualification, or the ability to speak a particular language. To add an ability, click in the Search Abilities field.
- Start typing the name of the required ability. Options should appear in a list below the search field. Click on the required option when it appears on the list. This will add the ability as a tag in the Abilities section.
- Once you're happy with all of your settings, click on the Submit button.
- Your service will now appear in the Planned Services section of the goal and outcome. You can click on the Edit button to modify or remove the service. You can also click on the New button to add additional services for this goal.
- Once you've added a service, you can scroll back up to the 6 Months Forecast to see how the service affects the client's budget allocations. Click on the Cost Breakdown button to see the total amount for services for each month.
- Click on Recalculate to see the impact of any services you've just added.
- Once you've added all of the services required to meet this client's goals and outcomes, click on the Mark Entry Status as Complete button.
The next step in the onboarding process is to generate the client's service agreement and care plan.